Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Food on a Food Blog

Hey look, an actual food post on my food blog! I've been cooking quite a bit lately, although it's pretty much the same thing... I have a veggie wrap for lunch most days, which is quick, easy, and quite tasty. The wrap is a vegan flaxseed/whole wheat wrap with a boca burger, hummus, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. YUM! Since it's summer and all the good fruits and veggies are in season, I eat as many as I can. Cucumber, celery, and carrots are on the side.
For dinner, I made a curry with mixed veg, chickpeas, and brown rice. I actually made my own curry powder blend with coriander, cumin, turmeric, fennel seed, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. It was SO good! I don't like a lot of heat in my food, so it was nice to be able to add more flavor without adding heat. The recipe made quite a bit, so I was able to eat this for two meals. It was even better reheated, because all the flavors had a chance to really infuse the rice, veg, and chickpeas. The photo is a little blurry, but... deal with it?No word yet about going to Korea. We're hoping to hear by the end of next week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've been doing a lot of research on the different foods I'll be able to find over there and I am SO excited!!!

1 comment:

The Voracious Vegan said...

That wrap looks great and the curry looks even better! Very impressive.